Day of your Procedure
GI Procedure Protocol
In most cases, depending on your procedure, you will be ready to leave the Center an hour and a half to three hours following completion. Your physician will give you specific instructions regarding your care before you leave the Center. Very important to remember: you must have a responsible adult drive you home after the procedure.
After your Procedure:
- Make it a point to move slower – Take it easy until your doctor says you can return to your regular routine.
- Drowsiness is a common side effect. Ideally, have a family member or friend stay with you for the first 24 hours.
- Follow your physician’s instructions regarding diet, rest, and medication.
- Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or power tools, cook, drink alcoholic beverages, make legal decisions, or take any medications not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Contact your physician if you feel you are having problems after discharge. If you cannot contact your doctor but feel your concerns warrant a doctor’s attention, call 911 or go to the emergency room closest to you.
The day after your procedure, a member of the Center staff will call to see how you are doing. You may also contact us during business hours if you have any concerns. We would love to receive your feedback on our services at this time as well. Upon leaving our facility, we will also be giving you a Patient Satisfaction Survey via email and or hard copy. Please fill this out and let us know about the care you received.
Why Choose Us